There are two questions we always get when a guidance counselor is introduced to ISM College Planning for the first time. “How much do these services cost?” and “What are some things you can do to help my students?” The first answer is simple: Free! We’ll focus on the second question with the rest of this page, but in short, the ISM College Planning team will help any Hoosier family with any questions they have about paying for college.
ISM College Planning is at YOUR service in the effort to educate students and families about how to pay for college, and do so with the least amount of debt possible! There are four main types of help ISM currently offers:
Financial Aid Night
A presentation that covers the different types of financial aid available, as well as important forms, dates, and resources. This presentation often goes through the FAFSA filing process in great detail.
FAFSA Completion Day
This event is commonly held in a computer lab with families bringing the items needed so the FAFSA can be filed during the workshop.
Planning for your future (targeted to students/families a year or more from college)
This presentation is an overview of financial aid to help families looking at options they will have for paying for college.
- Resource for help with funding college questions via email, phone or in person
- Write Outreach@ISMCollegePlanning.org or Call 317-416-2888 to contact an ISM College Planning team member
College Planning Guides:
- ISM’s College Planning Guide covers all aspects of paying for college, and is currently distributed at over 30 Indiana High Schools.
- Simple College Planning Tips
- Scholarship Search Help Sheet
- College Planning Worksheet
- Student Loan Comparison Sheet
Please let us know if a presentation or printed materials would help your work in assisting students make the most informed college decisions.